Begin logging your miles on Day 1 of the challenge. THE LOG WILL NOT OPEN UNTIL THE EVENT BEGINS! Please do not count any miles completed before the start date. You may count any INTENTIONAL miles for this challenge, whether it is walking, running, biking, swimming, etc. But ALL miles should be extra miles outside of your normal daily routine. In order to make this a challenge and encourage physical activity, the steps you walk for work, shopping, etc, are not "extra" miles and should not be counted.
You will need an app or fitness device to keep track of your distance. We recommend the Runkeeper app, but any walking or running app will work. You can also use the distance from treadmills, ellipticals, etc. Some participants use online conversion charts to convert "other activities" (such as yoga) to miles. While we do not have any rules against this practice, we recommend counting only actual miles completed by running, walking, cycling, swimming, or rowing.
You will have the option to manually log your miles on our website. Our log does not sync with apps or other fitness devices. See directions below for log use.
USE OF THE RESULTS SITE IS OPTIONAL. We work on the honor system and know that you will hold yourself accountable. All rewards packets will be shipped at the end of the challenge to everyone that signs up for the rewards pack option. We do NOT require proof to get your rewards. This Results site is not monitored and is for your convenieince only. If you use our log, you can record your distance daily, weekly, or as often as you see fit in individual workouts or simply enter weekly or other totals in one sum entry. THIS IS FLEXIBLE. However you want to keep track is totally up to you!
HOW TO USE THE RESULTS SITE
- Go to RunMotivators.com Results page. If it is your first time logging on our site, you must follow the instructions in the yellow box to get set up. A RESULTS ACCOUNT IS NOT CREATED FOR YOU WHEN YOU PAY FOR THE REGISTRATION. YOU MUST CREATE A RESULTS ACCOUNT IF YOU WISH TO USE OUR ONLINE LOG. Be sure to register your account using the email you signed up with as that is how your event will be linked into your Results account. (If you paid with PayPal, it will be the email address connected to your PayPal account.)
- Once you have registered your Results account, you will be required to click on the link you are emailed to activate it. CHECK YOUR SPAM OR PROMOTIONS FOLDER FOR THE ACTIVATION EMAIL! It will most likely go there.
- Once you have activated the account, you can log in.
- Once logged in, click on "CHALLENGE LOG" and then "INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE" from the menu.
- Select the appropriate event from the drop down menu. Please note that there will be a MILES and KM option. Select whichever version you prefer.
- Enter the date of your workout and total distance.
- You may enter the total time for each workout. This is optional.
- The site does not convert. If you wish to convert time spent on an activity to miles, you must do this manually using an online activity conversion chart.
- You can edit each workout if you make a mistake with your entry. You can also delete entries by clicking the garbage can symbol next to the entry. Scroll to the far right of each entry line for this option.
PRINTABLE COLOR-IN TRACKERS
Printable trackers can also be found on the Results site under the challenge log.
We find that the printable chart is very motivational, a great visual to see how far you've gone, and a great way to remind yourself to get out and get more miles in!